">

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Three Reasons I Love My Youth Group

Hello dear readers- you, lovely individuals who browse my blog without clicking the little red 'x' in the corner of your computer screen!

I believe all ya'll deserve a little update.

It has been long.
Far too long.

I apologize for the delay. Several hospital visits, various illnesses, a College Days trip to Heartland Baptist Bible College in OK, and a never-ending load of school work tend to pile up a bit.


Now, without further ado, I present:

Three Reasons I Love My Youth Group

1. Our Multiple Inside Jokes- 127, one gender, "I need to visit Mrs. Murphy!", "You have pretty eyes.", Unforgettable... I love them all! And no. I shall never betray my friends by posting the scarring meanings on social media.

2. Our Discussion/Debates- Only a group like ours can discuss topics such as the Bible, marriage, and college without it ever getting immature, awkward, or boring. As for our debates... "Is coffee a stimulant?", is an ongoing issue.

3. Our Guys- Our youth group has the hottest, trendiest guys in the universe! They are perfect in every way and I love them all! I should know, 'cuz I've dated every one of them!
Whoa, whoa, whoa... stop the train! Not what you were expecting, huh? Well, that's probably a good thing, in regards to my personality and reputation.
Now, by saying I love the guys in my youth group, I am saying that I love their gentlemanly behavior, I love their respect for females, adults, and authorities, I love their humour that is sarcastic but never rude and hurtful, I love their passion for the Lord, I love their ability to put up with my weirdness and general absurdity. I love not having to deal with dating relationship in our youth group, and the annoying "I like you"s, and the kissing and cuddling, and downright trash half of the churches in America are promoting in their youth, nowadays! Thank you, Lord, for wonderful, God-fearing, guys!

This post was a little shorter, but I hope you enjoyed it!

Sometime, this month, I might give ya'll a few excerpts from my youth group's 40 something hour drive from Florida to Oklahoma, how we managed without killing each other, and the experiences in between, as well as a few new blog posts to look forward to!

In summary, I am so greatful to have a godly youth group and friends that encourage and help each other in the Lord, day after day! :-)

Proverbs 27:17 - Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.









No comments:

Post a Comment