">

Sunday, April 6, 2014

How To Properly Pack a Suitcase

For those of you who haven't heard, I am going on a little trip to Georgia and South Carolina this next week.

I feel like a vacation is long overdue.

I was at a loss as to what to post, and knew that I most likely wouldn't post this entire next week, so I knew that I needed to write SOMETHING.

I was packing, last night, and a wonderful thought popped in my brain: Why not do a blog post on how to pack a suitcase?

Honestly, I have never been an extremely neat person, and my suitcases are usually so filled to the brim that I can barely zip it up.

The problem?

I over pack.

I am so scared that I'm not going to have enough of this or that, and I panic.

The result?

My poor suitcase turns into a bulging mountain of doom.

At long last I have discovered the secret to packing somewhat efficiently!


How To Properly Pack A Suitcase:

1. Roll clothing items, tightly, to prevent wrinkles and give you more packing space.


2. Roll skirts and pants together to provide more space, if necessary.



3. Place light blouses, tanktops, and tees along the sides of the suitcase and the spaces in between clothes.



4. Sandals and flipflops can fit around the edges or wherever else you can find room.



I put my dressy closed toe shoes and heels in a separate pouch in my bag (I believe quite a few suitcases have this somewhere on the inside).




This is definitely an improvement from the last time I packed my suitcase!


5. You can drape light jackets or sweaters over the top.



6. Undergarments and/or accessories can go in the zippered sections of the front of the suitcase. You could also place them in shoes (in a Ziploc baggy, of course!).

7. Don't forget a cute travel mug and a pair of shades!




I deeply apologize for the pathetic quality of the pictures. I have no choice but to use my phone camera, thanks to my actual camera being dead and I lost the charger. (what else is new?)



No comments:

Post a Comment