">

Monday, April 7, 2014

Savannah In Savannah--- Part One

Hey ya'll! :-)

Just checkin' in from Savannah, Georgia. Whoop Whoop!

It's about time I visit the city I was named after!

My oh my, do I love Savannah. I sound a bit like a narcissist, don't I? Ahem... I meant the city! I promise!

Any who... the weather is nasty, here. Unfortunately, it has to be pouring torrents of rain on my first visit. We are only staying till tomorrow afternoon, too!

It was quite an adventure.

It was about a 5 hour drive from our lovely little town in Florida to Historic Savannah. Meredith (my sister) and I watched old home videos almost the entire ride. 4 and a half long hours of watching me run around in a diaper (when I was little, of course.). Oh joy.

At long last, we arrived to our hotel, smack-dab next to a huge bridge going over the Savannah River. Which is very ironic because Mommy is scared TO DEATH of high bridges.



Once we unloaded the car and got to our hotel room (which was an adventure in itself), we drove on over to the Shrimp Factory Restaurant which provides fresh shrimp from the Savannah River! Delicious!

When we finished devouring the first meal we had all day, we walked down the street which has a bunch of little shops and cafes. (I just found out that the cobblestones on the street we walked on are two hundred years old! Wow!)

It was so weird seeing my name on almost every sign!




And on all the merchandise in every store...



Although, it was fairly gratifying to see people's reactions when my mom or sister said my name out loud.

"Savannah!"

*craning of necks as everyone turns to gawk at the crazy individual who would be stupid enough to visit a city with the same name as them*

There was one shop in particular that I couldn't just casually pass by...



Across from the shops we were at, was a boardwalk by the river, where tons of steamboats and tugboats passed by almost every two minutes!





A few minutes after the previous picture was taken the heavens were kind enough to release a deluge of heavy rain and wind when we were most ill prepared.

There we are, sprinting across the street to find shelter, our clothes soaking wet, our hair frizzing out, and our mascara dripping down our face.

We ended up hanging out in a cute little shop promoting all things Savannah, where Mommy bought this for me.



All in all it was a great day of getting lost, drenching wet, and cold!

Now that I'm able to sit and bed and finally drink my hot chocolate, I have no more complaints to offer.

See ya'll, tomorrow, in "Savannah In Savannah--- Part Two"!











No comments:

Post a Comment