">

Friday, April 4, 2014

How To Lighten Hair Naturally

My hair is a failure.

I think it wanted to be brown, but eventually the blonde strands won the long and arduous battle and show through my locks the most.

My hair just couldn't decide whether I would be a blonde or brunette and decided to be both.

The result: Blown (otherwise known as "dirty blonde", "honey blonde", or the un-preferred term "dishwater blonde".)

Because of the "darker on the top, lighter on the bottom" color, every spring or summer I like to lighten the roots a bit so it looks blonder all together.

How do I lighten it?

Magic!

Ha... ha... ha...

Uh. Just kidding, by the way.

Let's try this again.

How do I lighten my lovely tendrils of streaked unruliness?

Lemons!



Yes, my friends... this little yellow acidic wonder actually works!

And guess what?!

No dye is necessary. Therefore, no hair damage! Wahoo!

Another awesome aspect of it all, is that it also works on brunettes, red-heads, and black-heads (wait... umm.. nope, not what I meant.)!

Soooo how do you do it?

1. Squeeze the juice out of 1 (or 2, depending on how much you want lightened) fresh lemon(s).

2. Pour the juice into a spray bottle.

3. Spray generously all over damp hair.

4. *Optional* Comb the juice through your hair s/natural highlights.

Voila!

That's all there is to it!

Hopefully this will help ya'll prepare for summer the natural way! Yay for no chemicals! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment