">

Friday, May 23, 2014

3 Day Juice Cleanse--- Day Two

Well, here I am- I survived the first day!!! :-D

I slept extremely well (about 9 hours!) and didn't wake up once during the night, which is definitely a first for me.

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and energized and had my lemon/cayenne water before my workout, like yesterday.

My menu for the day went like so:

Breakfast: Jolt Juice-

 2 Granny Smith Apples
1 Orange (Peeled)
1 Whole Cucumber
1/4 Lemon (Peeled)
Big Handful of spinach or Kale

Lunch: Sun Kissed Juice-
1 beet (beetroot)
2 carrots
2 oranges
2-4 swiss chard leaves and stems (silverbeet)
1″ piece of ginger (optional)

Pre-Dinner: Mean Green Juice-
1 cucumber
4 celery stalks
2 apples
6-8 leaves kale (Australian tuscan cabbage)
1/2 lemon
1 tbsp ginger

Dinner: Sunset Blend Juice (see yesterday's post for ingredients)



Much to my surprise, every single one of the juices from today were actually good!
I didn't have any problems guzzling them down, and even the after taste was bearable.

Side Effects:
-Slight dizziness
-Extreme cravings
-Chilliness (not quite sure why...)

As you can, see the irritating effects of a cleanse weren't too bad for me, today. My body is getting used to this juicing regime, I suppose.

I snacked on half a banana about an hour or so after the pre-dinner juice, which is acceptable, thank goodness!
Of course my sister decided to have a huge potato with butter and all the works for lunch. That delicious smell remained all through the kitchen area and beyond for over an hour! Pure torture!
I am so impatient to go ahead and get the last day over with and be able to chew on actual, real food!
Bring on Day Three!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment